Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Scripture

Ecclesiastes Chapter 5: 1-7
1.  Guard your steps when you go to the house of God.  Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.  2.  Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God.  God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.  3.  As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words.  4.  When you make a vow to God, do not delay in filling it.  He has no pleasure in fools, fulfill your vow.  5.  It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it.  6.  Do not let your mouth lead you into sin.  And do not protest to the temple, messenger, "My vow was a mistake".  Why should God be angry at what you say and destroy the work of your hands?  7.  Much dreaming and many words are meaningless.  Therefore stand in Awe of God.

On Sunday I publish this post called Sunday Scriptures.  It may be something that I saw during the week or maybe a quote that I really liked.  So today I wanted to do something different and I asked God to help me find a scripture that might help someone that might read my blog in some way.  Well I found the scripture and discovered that it was directed at me.  You see I try to set aside time in my day to pray, meditate, and just talk to God.  I realized that sometimes I am rushing thru this like it is a chore that has to get done.  God showed me thru this scripture that it is an HONOR to go before the God of the universe.  He doesn't want us to rush. He doesn't want us to make promises we can't keep.  So slow down and stand in AWE of God.  I hope this helps someone else as much as it helped me.  God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment